ArtRage 5 Contest Entry Form
ArtRage 5 comes out soon, and I want to give away some copies of it. But of course, I don’t want to just randomly pick someone and toss the image their way. I want to see some original art!
So here is what you have to do. You need to create a digital art piece. You can use any program you like. As long as it’s digital art. It can be done on the computer, on a tablet, or even on your phone. There is no specific style you must adhere to. This is open to any type of painting, drawing, charcoal, etc. It can be a modern abstract or a hyper-realistic portrait. I want you to have fun with it.
For the first contest, I will be the judge. Yes, that means I’ll be choosing based on my aesthetic. The good news is I love a little bit of everything. I like still lifes. I like manga. I like abstract. I like expressionistic pieces. You name it, I probably like it in some way or another. That means everyone has a chance.
Now, you might be thinking that you’re not good enough. That you have no chance due to your beginning abilities. If you keep thinking that way, you’ll never have a chance to win. Put it up, and try. See what happens.
There is a limit of 3 pieces per entrant. I don’t want to be too overwhelmed with entries. Please use one email address for all three entries. Also, all images should have been started after the announcement of this contest and finished before the final entry date.
Check out the current submissions HERE.
Now, get to drawing!
- Paintings must be uploaded between 12:00 AM December 13th and 11:59 PM December 23rd
- You may submit up to 3 entries.
- All paintings must be digitally created as a painting. This excludes photo manipulation. Tracing and painting is allowed.
- Finished files must be in JPG format.
- Artists 18 years old and older may participate.
- Image must be original to this competition. This means creating the image specifically for this competition and not using a piece you previously created.
- All submissions must be in by December 23rd, 2016 at 11:59 PM. Late submissions will not be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
Please read the directions in their entirety prior to submitting.
- Upload your image(s) in the form provided.
- Please include the art program or programs you used along with any external devices such as tablets or styli.
- Original images will be resized for web preparation.
The judging will use your original image, so that the details may be observed in the highest quality. The winning original images will then be resized for optimal viewing on the website by our visitors. Original Image Requirements:
- JPG files only.
- Largest width dimension of 4000 pixels
- Resolution of no more than 300 DPI
- JPG compression of 12 (or the highest quality setting)
- Label your file with your last name, original, image #, image name.
- Example: Jachimiak_original_1_Dancing_Chicken.jpg.